E-Commerce offers a great deal of ease while browsing through products or services. You can visit much more E-Store than you would normally do in same amount of time and do comparison shopping. On top of that E-Commerce stores do not have monthly expenses of a physical store so you can buy what you need to buy for a much better price.
If the internet is in its infancy then E-Commerce is a baby. Statistics show that online retail sales account for only 6.4% of total retail sales worldwide. With China being the leader in the E-Commerce Market in the world, aiming for mind blowing US$650bn by 2020, the US and UK follow.
According to eMarketer’s report E-Commerce sales will eclipse $3.5 trillion within the next five years and online retail sales will account for 12.4% by 2019.
Between 2011 and 2015 eCommerce in the US has showed more than 350% increase. Why don't you be a part of it?
Do you think it is too late to become part of E-Commerce world? E-Commerce is in its infancy. There is much room for development, but the progress is steady.
- Let’s say you want to have a bookstore but you don’t have enough investment. Opening up a book-store needs a serious capital. However with an E-Commerce website you can work with publishers and sell books from day one. This example carries a real potential as word the “book” is searched around 22.200 monthly worldwide.
- It would be realistic to say that you can’t set up an Amazon.com today, but one can still start out in E-Commerce today and make it big. The giants of E-commerce did not even exist two decades ago. Unlike most of the offline successful business that have existed for more than a century.
- First you have to decide what you are going to sell. Are you thinking of setting up an E-commerce website that sells bags in general or do you desire to be more specific and sell only certain types of products such as luggage or handbags.
- It is crucial to find which keywords will best work for your online business. You have to do keyword research and think about the content you will be posting. It is very important.
Benefits of E-Commerce to the Business Owners
- Expanded marketing channels: E commerce increases sales of existing products to generate additional revenues.
- Targeting the right audience: With correct keyword optimization and marketing strategies you can let your target audience find your E-Commerce website much more easily
- Increased speed to market: Once you set up your website than your business is always open and ready to generate revenue for you. Moreover, you won’t need personnel to run your online business
- Online shops benefits from low distribution cost of products and services. Removing an item, listing an item, or making a price change is just one click away. You can feature a new product as soon as it become available through simple update on main page
Benefits of E-Commerce to the Consumers
- First of all it is just the convenience that motivates internet users. You don’t have to drive around and make comparison shopping and you don’t have to wait in line to check out.
- Put demo of the product upfront: On the website you can find numerous informative and engaging presentations, of products and services. The value of products and services can be presented upfront to the consumers, especially for the experience goods.
- A well designed website also makes it very easy for people to navigate and follow step by step to get things done.
- E-Commerce increases competition among the organizations and as a result organizations provides substantial discounts to customers.